Thursday 1 September 2016

'What Am I Doing Hangin' Round?

We worked hard last night to install ‘A Minor Place’ at The Artists Workhouse Gallery in Studley. When I say ‘we’, I mean myself and my fellow artist friends Andrew Smith and Hugh Marwood, with Hugh travelling down from Leicester.
None worked harder though than the gallery director, Dawn Harris and her partner Martin, who patiently and without complaint to physically hang each piece, giving us invaluable advice and guidance.
Due to our respective work commitments, we couldn’t start till in the evening at six, working through until 10.30. A celebratory pint at one of Studley’s seventeen pubs(!) later was incredibly welcome later.
 
I think the show looks really good. I’m incredibly impressed by Andy and Hugh’s respective paintings and other artworks, and felt a bit wobbly about my own work in comparison. It felt rather unsophisticated and clumsy. A bit like me. It will be interesting to see how it is received on Saturday evening’s Private View…
 
 

No comments: